Introduction to Me

Hello to all that have come across my blog.  My name is Isebelle and I'm about to finish up undergrad at the University.  I'm excited for this course and to learn more about stories and folklore from another culture.  To start off this post about me, I'll answer some pretty common questions asked when first meeting someone.   I won't tell you the exact answers to these questions, but will give hints and if you know you know.  

The coolest thing about my major is the fact that I can tell you the exact electrons that move around when your brain makes the chemical for love.  

The best class I've ever taken made me feel like a coroner.  

My biggest accomplishment last semester was staying healthy.

And last but not least, my goals at the moment are very dynamic.


A random fun fact about me is that sometimes I like to drive around to really big and nice neighborhoods and look at the mansions that are there.  I like to imagine what my dream house would be and the exterior of it.  So, for the second part of this post, I'll critique images of houses as if I were on a drive. (DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert by any means, and I'm not even sure that I am using the correct terms to describe some of these houses.  All comments are my opinions to try to convey to you what I like or dislike about a particular building. Thank you.)


Classic Style

So this first image is of a classic style mansion.  I like the white walls and gray roof, it looks very clean and classy.  The landscape is also nice and complementary to the frame of the house.  It's not too busy or colorful and keeps the 'clean' and orderly look of the estate.  The windows are also a nice shape and I like the fact that the home has a balcony outlooking the front of the house.  I think a house like this would be great for a moderate to large family that enjoys hosting many events at their home.  The dome that can be seen in the top and center of the home also suggest high ceilings with possibly an ornate image or artwork at the top.  I think a chandelier would also be nice. 6/10 would consider designing my dream home like this.  

Mansion, House, Home, Estate, Residential, Luxury

Classic style.  Pixabay.


Mediterranean Style

This next home is a Mediterranean Spanish style home.  I've always really liked this type of house because the terra cotta roofing reminds me of summertime and the beach.  I like the warm and welcoming feel of the house.  I also like the open yard and the fact that it has a courtyard-like section within the grounds.  I expect a house like this to be found in a warm climate, so I think installation of a pool would also be very nice with this house.  9/10 chance that I try to acquire a house like this in the future. 

10048 Cielo Drive. Beverly Hills, California. | This majesti… | Flickr

Mediterranean Style. Flikr.


Haunted House

This next house is very creepy and ominous looking.  Living in it would allow me to experience Halloween everyday, which would be awesome because it's one of my favorite events to participate in.  The cons of this house include the fact that it is old, and therefore may be dirty or have many maintenance issues.  Also, kids may try to sneak in your house to explore it which would be annoying and bothersome. 20/10 would live in a spooky house in the future for some point of time.   

How to Sell a Haunted House | HGTV

Haunted house.  HGTV.


That's all for my introductory blog post, I hope to be able to add more personal touches in my future posts as well!! :)

Comments

  1. Oh, this is so cool about the mansions, Izzy... you will see that where the heroes and heroines of the epics live is a very big deal in the story... and they sometimes have actual gods to be their architects too, like Vishvakarman - link who built the golden city of Lanka - link that you will see in the Ramayana, plus a really fascinating divine architect named Mayasura link who built the palace of the heroes in the Mahabharata epic... maybe you can design some houses for the heroines and heroes where the architecture connects up with their adventures and personalities! Moderate to large family would work for King Dasharatha in the Ramayana... but King Dhritarashtra in the Mahabharata, with his 100 children (!), might need something even bigger, ha ha. I hope you will enjoy the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Izzy! This is an amazing introduction. Reading your introduction honestly made me think that I didn't put any effort into my own at all.....I imagine that you'd get along great with my mom and my sister as they like to go on drives to look at houses as well. I'm not such a huge fan myself, but they seem to relieve a lot of stress from it and gain motivation to work hard as well. Maybe one day we'll also get to live in a mansion haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Izzy! I loved reading your house critiques. You brought up some very good points regarding the pros and cons of each. You're also the first person I've met who wants to live in a haunted house. A worthy aspiration! I salute you.
    There was a neighborhood near the apartment complex I lived at last year that I really liked to walk through because it had really nice houses. It's behind Magic Noodle and there are two short streets called Enid St. and Chickasha St. that run parallel to each other and are connected by a tiny garden-park. The houses there are really pretty, though they aren't exactly mansions. If you live nearby you should talk a walk there in the spring when everything is in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Izzy! I like that you didn't give us any of the answers directly. I would guess that you're a Psychology Pre-Med major and took anatomy last semester? I think the mansions were really cool and fun to read about. My favorite was the Mediterranean Style house due to the weather and memories I have associated with houses similar to this. I also think you're crazy for wanting to live in a haunted house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Izzy! That is so fun that you enjoy looking at different and nice houses. I too sometimes like to explore houses whether it is on Instagram or just from watching HGTV. I do not why it is so interesting! Personally, I enjoyed the class style house because of its clean and uniformed style. I hope you have a great semester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Izzy,
    I absolutely LOVE your critic of homes! If I am being honest, I do the same thing! And oddly enough, I also want a Spanish/Mediterranean style home! I’m Mexican American so those style homes make me feel so warm and cozy. Do you watch HGTV? If so, what are some of your favorite shows? I really like the show Fixer Upper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Izzy, happy October! I've never thought about living in a haunted house before, but good for you! Maybe you can share with us what you're dressing up as for Halloween. I also enjoy homes that are appealing to the eye, and if I had to choose one of these homes, I think I'd choose the Mediterranean home because it looks like it would be in California. I'd love to see the inside of these homes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Izzy, this is by far one of the most creative introductions I have read! I also love to look at pictures of houses and wonder about what it would be like to live there. My favorite of the ones you described is the Mediterranean house :). I'm going to try to take a stab at the answers for the questions you have provided hints for: I'm guessing you are maybe a neuroscience major, the best class you have taken is anatomy, you are vegan/vegetarian for a while now (or you have maintained a particular diet or exercise regimen), and your goal is change (perhaps you want to change something about your habits or personality, or maybe you would like to move to a new place?). Don't know if those answers are correct, but that's all that I could come up with :D. I loved reading your intro and I look forward to reading more of your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Izzy,
    You had an engaging introduction, so I can't wait to read your stories! I love how you left us to come up with the questions. I could picture the conversation in my head.
    The mansions looked really cool! I have driven around those neighborhoods before (usually on accident or if they are between my point A and point B), and I always like to wonder what kind of family lives inside the house. Are the family members in the Mediterranean house residing by the pool outside most of the time? Are those in typical mansion style wearing pearls? Fun thoughts to ponder :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Izzy,
    I really enjoyed reading your intro. My girlfriend loves to do the same exact thing, she loves imagining houses that she wants to live in in the future. I like your taste in style though, personally I do not if I have a favorite style or not. I just want my house to have a big backyard so that I can have a lot of dogs. Good Luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Izzy! I really loved reading about your passion for home design because I also share such a passion! I will also drive around sometimes and envision my future home and what it will look like. I personally prefer a Mediterranean style home with a red roof because I think they look absolutely stunning! I wish you the best as you finish up your studies and I look forward to reading more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Izzy,
    I liked reading your intro. I like how you kept it interesting and making us think what your majoring in. I really liked the way you talked about the house and the ways you critique them. I wish you nothing but the best on your last semester as you finish up undergrad. I personally like the Mediterranean style house the best with the roofing! Good luck the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Izzy,
    I liked your introduction post. I found it to be a lot more engaging and interesting than many others in the class. The fact that you made your information involve a riddle was very fun to me. I hope that you are able to finish undergrad with a bang. Not really a fan of haunted houses, but to each their own. Good luck on your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Izzy! I just came from your microfictions, so I was excited to read your intro! I loved your commentary on the houses, haha, that is so cool. I grew up in a very small, old house with up to 15 people at any given time. Was not exactly a nice house, but I am grateful for it nonetheless. But because of that, I also really enjoy driving around nice neighborhoods and looking at expensive mansions. There are several nice neighborhoods in Norman, but if you ever have to time to drive around OKC, you have to see some of the homes in Nichols Hills... they make me feel so inferior. Anyways, best of luck to ya this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, Izzy!

    I liked your introduction using clues as a sort of puzzle to throw together. Very interesting way to present things and it makes the audience think a little, which is never a bad thing. I also dig the fact that you enjoy looking and a rating house. I am pursuing a rather movable career field, so I have sadly come to terms with the fact that it could easily be another decade after I complete my undergrad until I am ready to actually settle down and purchase a home (if I'm ever even ready to do that), so looking at other houses gives me a very weird feeling, as I'm sure that you can imagine.

    Cheers,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Izzy,
    I really enjoyed you introduction and I feel it has been one of the most unique ones I have experienced so far. I think my favorite mansion of the three you posted would be the second one. The aesthetic of it looks more appealing to me and it looks smaller to me, at least in that angle. A smaller house is a more manageable house, for me at least.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Izzy,
    I thought it was super cool what you are doing with your major. It sounds like you were able to come up with your own major and I am doing something similar! I think it's really interesting that you are able to tell us which electrons travel in order for a human to feel the connection of love. I, myself, enjoy the Mediterranean style homes and often modern-style homes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts