Time Strategies

 planner, open, pens, tombow, weekly, spread | Pikist

Planner Organization. Pikist.

Organizing my time is easier said than done.  I can plan out every event to the hour or note all activities that need to be done in a planner, but getting myself to actually do those activities is a whole different story.  Even though I work often, I still have time to get my schoolwork done on time.  It's easy to waste minutes and even hours doing pointless activities that exist simply for pleasure.  Social media, watching movies, and going out with friends can definitely take up a good chunk out of the day.  The article 'The Myth of "Too Busy"', addresses the fact that although cutting 'fun' things out of your life may be brutal, it is necessary for prioritizing whats more important.  

I usually try to make lists or summarize tasks to do in the most general way possible so it looks like I have less things to do.  I know that that may sound silly, but personally, I learn better and understand things better visually.  So, writing things down is usually what helps me organize best rather than having reminders on my phone.  Along with that, the article 'Four Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination' by Peter Banerjea simplifies the start and problem list for your day.  It's helpful to me because it's easy for me to feel overwhelmed with multiple tasks at hand.  The questions are listed below for those that may need to use it from time to time. 

1.  What's ONE thing I can do to get started?

2.  What are my THREE biggest priorities today?

3. How can I make this easier?

4.  What will go wrong if I don't do this now? (NOTHING :))




Comments

Popular Posts