Topic Brainstorm

Brainstormed Topics for Upcoming Project

human, lovers, night sky, starry sky, pair, star, universe, sky, romance,  milky way, night | Pikist

Starcrossed Lovers. Pikist. 


Topic 1 : Love

For the storybook project this semester, I really want to do a story that has the theme of love.  I think that romance novels and classic love stories are super cute and also very heartwarming to read or write!  The story Indian Epics - Not Myself, is about love across lifetimes.  It brings in the factor of reincarnation and being connected to your past lives.  The emotions, feelings, and thoughts of a character were affected by her relationships in her past life.  I think that this is a really cool concept, and by incorporating it with a theme of love could set up a great tragic romance story.  To do this, I think I would follow the common storyline where two hopeless, star-crossed lovers are destined to always be apart.  I think it would also be fun to get creative with the characters' different timelines and settings during the eras that they were alive.  Every Lover a Soldier: Tales of Epic Love, also displays this theme with excellent writing technique.  


Topic 2 : Death

Personally, I love spooky-season and Halloween.  I really like watching horror movies or listening to ghost stories.  Another one of my topics would be the theme of death.  I feel like this theme could be looked at with multiple perspectives and the story could be twisted to have so many different lessons or meanings.  Death can be viewed by multiple perspectives, so I think that this would be a very versatile topic to work with.  With that being said, I would like to stick to the concept of death being eerie, ominous, and macabre rather than peaceful, natural, somber.  The storybook Tales of Lingering Souls by Hoang Truong are great examples of how I would want to write with this topic.  I would follow a similar plot of a classic ghost movie to write my story.


Topic 3:  Heroes

A classic story to tell would be one about the legends and heroes of a culture.  These types of stories are always my favorite to listen to, and what makes them even more interesting and captivating is that they have been told through generations.  The storytelling has only gotten better and better.  I think that oral storytelling requires great skill and it is truly an art to be able to hold the full attention of an audience with a story they've already heard 100 times.  Memoirs from the Battlefield by Mahabharatam on Tumblr's style of writing is so good to read.  I think that the stories of the multiple heroes featured in their writing does well to keep the legends captivating.  I would want to write my story by focusing on a hero in particular and write in the style that Mahabharatam does. 


Topic 4:  Thunder God

I mentioned in previous posts that I think the similarities on gods across cultures is interesting.  Specifically speaking, Indra the Hindu god and Thor the Norse god.  They both control the skies and consider thunder their weapon.  ThrowbackThorsday on Wordpress has a very informative post about these two gods.  It describes their similarities, differences, origins, and other tid bits of profile.  The post Indra, Thor, and the Legacy of the Proto-Indo-European Gods may help in structuring a story that is more 'accurate' to the nature of the legends.  I think that it would be interesting to write a story where both gods exist and maybe even the Greek god Zeus.  This would be a fictional, lighthearted story.  I would place the characters in a committee or council where they each work for a different department (or religion) and have to work together while still maintaining things in their own department.  I think this could reference several stories from multiple cultures while still following Indra mainly.  



Comments

  1. Hi Izzy!
    I came here after reading your crow story because I already commented on your intro. I really like both the love story idea and the one about death and ghost stories! Both of these are classic themes and it sounds like either one would be really fun to write and read. I read about your enthusiasm for haunted houses in your intro and your most recent story also had a spooky atmosphere, so I can tell you really like the horror genre! Best of luck with your project :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts