Microfiction: Greed

Drabble:

Greed does not exist because an individual wants to improve the state of their material life.  Greed does not exist because someone wants to improve their quality of life.  Greed exists because there are some people out there that are willing to take away an opportunity from someone that already has less of an advantage.  It exists because some people do not see the fault in using the resources that are not meant for them specifically.  

Greed burrows in the holes of comfort, easy, and luxury.  It makes us feel like we should take, and use, and consume, simply because we can.  Greed breaks bread with the selfish.  It dwells with the rapacity from landowners who squeeze the pennies out of struggling families for profit.  

Two Sentence Story:

Greed, the red-eyed demon, tempts us to steal from others.  While my brother dies of thirst, I drown in the waters of a crystal clear lake.  

Drowning. Pxhere.


Note:

I wanted to explain more about the overall story themes I want to put in future stories of my portfolio.  I'm planning on going with the 7 deadly sins, and featuring each sin in a story.  This microfiction does more to characterize Greed and explain how it functions in a more vague aspect.  The two-sentence story ties to my portfolio story, so for more illumination on that please go check it out :).  There is no bibliography necessary to include.

Comments

  1. Hi Isabelle! I enjoyed your microfiction story so so much. It was obviously a very concise story but got the point across so well. I'm not sure that any longer version of your story could have possibly added any value to what you have already written. I'm excited to read more of your stories regarding the 7 deadly sins. Your two sentence story portrayed what you were trying to get across in the drabble section so perfectly. I would love to provide you with some better feedback on this story but it seems pretty flawless to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isabelle!
    Wow, your story is phenomenal... especially the two-sentence story. I read it about three times over because it was such impactful imagery, especially with the dramatic image right below it. Just a heads up, one of the "exists" in your story says exit. It's an easy thing to overlook, but I wanted to give you a heads up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts