Microfiction: Twilight

Drabble : Twilight

Once upon a time there was a little girl and a young boy.  The little girl was bright and happy, she was always smiling and glowed radiantly.  She was called Sun.  The little boy was quiet, calm and being in his company was always peaceful.  He was called Moon.  Sun and Moon were friends for as long as they remembered.  They knew each other better than anyone else in the universe.  

One day, when Sun and Moon were playing, Sun fell and became injured.  Even though Sun's recovery was fast and painless, everybody remained worried.  They forbid her to play with moon again. 

Although the two may never meet, they will always follow each other to make sure their friend is okay.

Hint Fiction : Twilight

The time of day between daylight and darkness; right after sunset or just before sunrise.   The sun sits right below the horizon, but its rays are scattered by Earth's atmosphere to make a watercolor painted sky.  The single moment in time, that passes before it seems to have even arrived.  

Twilight Sky.  Needpix.


Note :

I wanted to write a cute and simple love story.  I used the sun and moon as characters because they are classic elements of literature.  I think that they already have a scientifically established relationship that is known universally, so I decided to play on that and make them as two characters that are supposed to be together.  To really understand the story, you would have to read both microfictions.  After doing so, I think the reader could see that twilight is the only time in the day, that appears for just one passing second, where the sun and moon get to be together.  The story is more of a tragic/sad love story, but I hope you enjoyed nevertheless :)

No Bibliography to include. 

Comments

  1. Hi Isebelle,
    I love the love story between the sun and the moon! I feel like they are always contrasted like complete opposites, but they are never given a chance to be paired together. The tragic ending gave me a Romeo and Juliet vibe, almost like a forbidden love. Also, I love the artistic choice to word the microfiction in a more simple, straightforward way, and the hint fiction is full of imagery and more gives a more complex feeling to the reader. Great work! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Izzy,
    The title made me believe that the story was going to be about the Twilight books and movies, like vampires and werewolves, but it was a nice surprise to read a very well done love story instead. The story makes me feel happy and sad at the same time since they can not be together but still check on each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Izzy,
    Reading the title made me nostalgic as I remembered when my sister used to make me watch the Twilight Saga movies back when we were younger. Finding out that your story has nothing to do with vampires or werewolves were somewhat disappointing but nevertheless, I enjoyed reading your story! I have read similar stories regarding a love story between the moon and the sun and I thought you did an excellent job with this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Izzy!
    I've never thought of twilight/sunset in that way! It's very cute and sad. I like it.
    Sometimes during the day you can kind of see the moon hanging out in the sky though. I want another story offering more information on this phenomenon! Is he trying to contact her in secret?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts