Week 8 Reading and Writing

New changes to blog and website!!

Blog Theme Changes:

I like the simplicity of my blog, but decided that I didn't like the layout as much.  I decided to change it to a different theme customization that was more aesthetically pleasing.  The new picture I chose is from the blogger website itself, but I think that it fits the overall look of my blog well.  I wanted to keep my blog simple and easy to navigate for viewers, so I only changed the theme and colors and kept the presentation of the posts in the same place and style.   

Website Banner Image Change:

The banner image on my portfolio website didn't look right to me, and I honestly didn't think it looked great either.  I decided to change it to a simple image that was found from the gallery google sites already offered.  The image on my website matches the simple aesthetic on my blog.  It's also a scenic photo that I think looks really calm, fresh, and clean.  The original banner image had too many bright colors and was a weird pattern too.  

Story Changes:

I decided to keep most of my content because I think it'd be cool to go back at the end of the course and see all the things I've written and how my writing has (hopefully) improved.  I deleted some blog posts that I felt were not contributing much to my blog (some EC assignments, or microfictions that I really didn't want more people to have to read because they were so poorly written).  

Image: This image is one of my favorites because it's my original notes from the Ramayana readings.  I like how it shows my thought process and the way I connected the story.  The originality and rawness of it makes my blog post a little bit more personal.  Even though the note itself is jumbled and messy, it gives viewers a better picture of me.  

Looking Forward:

I hope to put more quality content on my blog and website.  I plan on utilizing the revision assignments to make sure the microfictions and stories posted are an appropriate representation of my ability to create meritable work.  I'm excited to put write more microfictions in the future because I think they're a great and quick way to capture a bit of imagination here and there.  

Comments

Popular Posts