Microfiction : Milo's Nap Break


Drabble

Milo lazily cracked one eye open.  The tiny slit shined in the afternoon sun.  He yawned and his little white fangs gleamed.  Looking around, Milo leapt off the bed and landed on the floor soundlessly.  He was always agile and silent- moving like a phantom around the house.  

After nipping at the blanket and rubbing against the leg of the bed, Milo jumped onto the white desk next.  Its surface was scattered with multicolor pens, highlighters, and other note taking tools.  Papers and notebooks were shuffled hastily in piles, which Milo navigated through without trouble.  Quickly getting bored, Milo curled into a ball and fell asleep in his newfound spot. 

Six-Word Story

In the warm sun, Milo basks. 


In this photo, Milo is in one of his infamous naps. 

Note

What inspired me to write this Microfiction was my new cat Milo.  He recently moved into my house and he's adorable.  I was never a big animal person and had never had a cat before, but he's so entertaining to watch.  I love that Milo is here now and everyday is different when I observe all his curious behaviors. 

Bibliography

None

Comments

Popular Posts